Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving


This year we drove, yes drove, to Nebraska for Thanksgiving. Our brother-in-law Micah is currently stationed in Omaha. It was 12 hours broken up over 2 days each way. Mikey only had an hour or two of meltdown through all the driving, so I consider that a success. He is such a good little guy. He had lots of fun meeting his cousins and Elijah was so good at making him laugh. Mike's parents and his sister flew in from Utah so we had all the Joners together. It was great fun. We even had surprise visitors - Aunt Becca, Uncle Eric and Aunt Barb all came in for the holiday too! On Thanksgiving it was like a big reunion with the Berggren side of the family. I met lots of relatives I'd only ever heard of.

We were able to go see New Moon, go to the zoo, have family pictures done and have tons of time for card games and Rock Band. I'm not so hot at Rock Band, but Michelle and I are (almost) unstoppable as a Hand and Foot team. Go Aunties!

On the drive home we stopped in Iowa and saw my old roommate Rebecca and her husband Dustin. It was so nice to catch up!

Here are a few pics from the trip ...

Micah, Megan, Michelle, Michael, Bekka (apparently I didn't get the "M" memo)
Elijah, Isaiah, Linnea, Mikey
These little guys, who are almost the same size, are actually 7 months apart!

It was very cold at the zoo!

Grandpa Joner discovered that Mikey loves donuts!

Hand and Foot of course!


2 comments:

Lisa J. said...

The "M" memo can't possibly include people who were meant to be Rebekahs or Rebeccas -- that's just too lovely a name!

Scuffham Family said...

very cute pics, Bekka- glad you had fun!!