Sunday, November 16, 2008

Painting and Cake


Saturday was a very busy day at our house. We feel very lucky to have good friends who didn't mind bringing the family and spending the day helping us! It was kind of like being at home with the extended family at the house. Our bedroom, the baby room, and the fireplace wall in the living room all got painted and look great! (Especially now that we've put the furniture back!)

And, since it was Mike's birthday Friday, I spent the day making a cake. (The kids and moms all helped too) But it was not just any cake! It was a 4 layer chocolate cake with chocolate pudding and crushed oreos in between layers. I'm quite proud and was excited to use some of the tips I learned in my cake decorating class. I was also the errand runner and pizza delivery and dinner maker. Let's just say the painters weren't the only exhausted ones at the end of the day!

3 comments:

Dot said...

WOW! That cake looks super yummy! So, you need to post the recipe :) Sounds like it was a very productive day! Send your friends this way...I've got some rooms I'd like painted :)

Lisa J. said...

Still waiting for that cake recipe, Bekka! :-)

Deon said...

This so sounds like my kinda cake--yummy!