Sunday, November 2, 2008
A Week in Cancun
We're back and we had a wonderful trip. We had good weather - mostly in the 70s and somewhat humid. The villa was nice with gorgeous views and we were right there at the ocean. One day we took the ferry to Isles Mujeres - Island of Women. There is a history that the Mayan women went there when they were pregnant and worshiped the fertility goddess. We were able to take day trips to two different Mayan ruins; Tulum and Chichen Itza. Both were amazing sites to see. We also had great Mexican and sea food, somewhat good shopping (although the flea markets are a bit crazy), and our last day was perfect for laying out on the beach. We went swimming in the pool a few nights, and played lots of card games with Mike's parents. We also had fun trying to speak our limited spanish. I can say si, gracias. Yes, thank you. A very nice man at the travel agency told me that line could get me in trouble and I better learn some more! All in all, we both came home relaxed, so it was a great vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
well where are all the pictures??!! I'm glad you guys had fun,I didnt even know you were going!!
The pictures are here. This is the same link as given at the top of the blog posting. Sorry it's not so obvious. It was the best way I could think of to organize 13 pictures.
Cancun looks gorgeous and Bekka your baby bump is getting SO cute! I'm glad you guys had fun.... you'll need to rest up before that baby comes :)
I'm jealous! Sounds like a great time!
Nice times. It was fun to see your pretty pictures!
Wow. Those are some beautiful pictures! I guess the postcards are for real. I think the ruins are what intrigue me the most. Book of Mormon history in person. It's on my list of "Someday, I want to..."
Post a Comment