Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tummy Pics


As requested I am posting the most recent tummy pics. The one in the gray sweater is from 1/18 and the one in the black top is from 1/29 ...

All of my dr. appointments have been going well. On Tuesday we go in for an ultrasound to double check that our little Mikey is growing. I seem to be the strangest pregnant woman. I am having trouble gaining weight. You can see from the pics that my tummy is growing - but I only weigh 5 pounds more than when I got pregnant. I find this perplexing and joyous at the same time. As long as my baby is healthy and growing I am happy and will count myself very lucky!

8 comments:

B said...

Holy Cow!! you have a whole person inside of you!!! He is older than my girls were when they were born:) I'm so excited for you! What a joy! What a lot of night wakings and diapers you have ahead of you! It will be awesome and you will love him more and more every day. Some days will be hard but you will have more and more and more fun as time goes by! Laughs, giggles, discoveries - so much fun!

Laura said...

You look beautiful!

Baker Family said...

CUTE!!!!! I was waiting to see one of those pics! not much longer!!!! yay!!! then the real work begins =) it is so worth it though =) i can't believe i am on the computer right now instead of taking a nap!! not for long though =) both girls are down... Sydney should be waking up soon...so shower or nap??

Greg and Sheal said...

Hey Bekka. I would say yes to the counting yourself lucky with the weight thing. I can't say I'm anything close to the same as you. I'm just hoping to stay under 40lbs weight gain with this one :) Man, that sounds awful doesn't it? Oh well, I gained 60lbs with Justice lol You look great! Can't wait to hear the news when you have him. Good Luck!

Leigh Anna said...

Your belly is so cute!! I'm so jealous that you have not gained much weight. I don't even know how much weight I gained. I just remember the appointment when the nurse had to move the 50 LBS thing over and I just wanted to cry. After that I had to stop counting.
Anyway here's to you having a sucker child that starts sleeping thru the night early. The best advice I got was from our pediatrician who told us to keep Joseph awake as much as possible during the day, always put him to bed awake, and let him cry for at least 10 minutes before picking him up. I know it sounds really mean but he started sleeping thru the night at 2 weeks. The other thing I swear by is a swaddling blanket. I liked the ones with the velcro cause he couldn’t wiggle is loose.
Congratulations!!! I can’t wait for pictures.

Dan and Bec said...

Wow, I just realized you have 8 days to the due date. How are you holding up! Oh, so exciting. Keep up the blog so we know when he comes! GOOD LUCK with labor...you and Mike will be such great parents!

North148 said...

All in Maine are waiting for the arrival and you look great, enjoy these moments and we can't wait for all the great pictures.
Good luck and we love YA...

Grim

Cari said...

What a darling little prego lady. The baby time cometh! Got to LOVE the nesting. nest nest nest! you go girl.